Thursday, July 24, 2008

My beautiful Masha

I wish I could post the exquisite photo I have of Masha. I spoke of this wonderful girl in a post earlier. Today as I sadly left the children's hospital for the last time she hugged me so tight. I prayed for God's protection over her life and that she will have a future beyond what the confines of this place seem to dictate. After two weeks of being making crafts, playing Sorry and cards (a game she tried to teach me that I still can't grasp) with her she finally opened up to me and spoke English! I could tell she was so nervous but happy...I could tell she felt "safe" with me...I love this girl. Being with her and the others helped me deal with all the sad emotions revolving around with the fact that my favorite little guy was not allowed to come outside today, most likely for bad behavior. I cried hard and felt sick as we drove back to the hotel.

No comments: