Saturday, July 26, 2008

Impact to the heart

I will never drink tea the same again.

What an amazing last day with "my" women. It was a very special visit for me, Heather and Larissa were able to serve hot tea and cookies, a very special infrequent treat. Serving 50+ eager women in their tattered robes savoring the caffeine was a sight to behold. It was such a simple task and something I do everyday.

I could not hold back the tears which resulted in lots of waterworks from the women, one tiny women sobbing in my embrace crying mama. All they want is to be loved. Leaving them and looking back at the building to see some of my favorites waving out the window was a sad departure but also the memory of a very happy moment. I am so honored to have met these women, I wish I knew every story of theirs lives.

No comments: