Saturday, July 26, 2008

Final walk in Yaroslavl

A rainy Saturday walk through the city was a perfect last day to reflect upon my stay here in this very interesting city. I certainly stand out as a foreigner with my Gator baseball cap and my Chuck converse! I believe it is a law here that women cannot wear shoes with less than a six inch heal. It is a true talent they exhibit while walking in these uncomfortable shoes on the rough roads and sidewalks. And yet, I managed to fall on butt in the mud. Oh well, not a successful trip until I tumble down at least once!

This is truly a remarkable city to have experienced my cultural immersion. The architecture, the people, markets, pubs and gorgeous fountains have made this an unforgettable Russian adventure.

The girl/women also have the art of posing for photos down to a science! It is also enduring that girl friends hold hands as they stroll down the street. This is so dramatically different from the stereotype of them being a cold society. They laugh a lot and of course party in the streets. Just don't expect them to smile at an American!

No comments: